The EdX Cyber Monday campaign starts Friday (29.11.) and runs until December 2nd.
You can subscribe to the verified track where you obtain the full certificate of the iLabX for 20% less! iLabX – The Internet Masterclass.
So if you were unsure whether to purchase the certificate or want to freshly start the course: This is your chance!
The course on the edX platform teaches students, professionals, and technology-interested people how the backbone of today’s digital society actually works: The Internet.
The course follows an awarded teaching methodology with lots of texts, videos, interactive quizzes, and something unique: a virtual experimentation environment.
Through this Virtual Internet Laboratory “vLab”, the participants do not only learn about Internet techniques in theory, but practically implement the Internet on their own computer using the real tools.
The course ends with connecting the local part of the Internet that you built step-by-step during the course with the big global Internet – your creation becomes a part of the Internet and you can call yourself a true Internet Master.
The course is structured into six parts that require a time invest between 4-6h each. The parts focus on different questions including:
- How does communication between directly connected computers work?
- How can two computers talk to each other when they are not directly connected?
- Routing: How can data packets find their way through the globe-girdling Internet with all its intersections?
- How can different applications on your computer talk to different applications on one or multiple other computers over the Internet simultaneously?
- How is it possible to use names instead of IP addresses? How does the infrastructure behind the World Wide Web actually work?
- How can you secure your computer from attacks in the Internet? How can you connect to old IPv4 hosts with exciting services from an IPv6-only network?
There are also other interesting courses edX that you may be interested in:
His focus lies on research in the area of the Internet of Things and Smart Space. Current work is focused on Smart Space Orchestration using a distributed, software oriented architecture.
One of his main projects during the last 2 years was the development of the Massive Open Online Course "iLabX - The Internet Masterclass", which teaches the basics of the Internet to everyone interested in learning.